This soup is so nutritious and tasty it may give you enough energy to raise a barn! This rich, colorful medley of freeze-dried vegetables includes carrots, green beans, corn and peas and some wonderful spices. Add some canned diced tomatoes and chopped cabbage for a meal that the entire family will enjoy. This soup can easily be made into a chicken or beef vegetable, or keep it vegetarian.
Makes 2 Quarts: 6-8 servings
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Contains: Freeze-dried vegetables, barley, herbs & spices
Allergen Info: contains barley. This product is produced on equipment that also handles peanuts, soy, tree nuts, eggs, and wheat.
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans of vegetable, beef or chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups cabbage (shredded)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Add soup mix, broth, water, diced tomatoes, cabbage and salt. Boil for 10 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- For Chicken Vegetable: Add 1/2 lb. raw cubed chicken. Cook as directed above.
- For Beef Vegetable: Brown 1/2 lb. beef cubes in 2 Tbs. olive oil. Add water, broth and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook 1 hr. Add soup mix, diced tomatoes, and cabbage. Boil for 10 minutes, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
Barn Raising Country Vegetable soup pairs great with a crisp salad. Great for a light, low-carb meal!
- Use fat free or low fat chicken or vegetable broth
- Substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth Use vegetable broth and add additional vegetables like yellow squash or zucchini
- Add an additional 1/2 lb. beef or chicken
Crock Pot Instructions
- Cooks in only 40 minutes. Crock-pot not necessary!