French Onion Soup
Makes 2 Quarts: 8 servings Cook Time: 90 minutes
Contains: Onions, garlic, molasses, brown sugar, cornstarch, parsley, pepper, herbs & spices.
Allergen Info: Gluten-free ingredients. This product is produced on equipment that also handles peanuts, soy, tree nuts, eggs, and wheat.
- 6 cups (48 oz.) beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 lb. Gruyere cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups croutons (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Combine contents of soup mix with beef stock and bring to a boil uncovered.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes, then add red wine.
- Portion soup in oven safe bowls. Place croutons and shredded cheese on top and place under broiler until cheese is toasted. Top with grated Parmesan and serve.
- Use fat free beef or chicken broth.
- Use vegetable broth rather than chicken or beef broth.
Crock Pot Instructions
- Cooks in only 30 minutes, crock pot not necessary!
Serving Suggestions & Ideas
- Make your own croutons using French baguette bread. Cut into 1/2 inch diagonal slices or cubes. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees, turning once until bread is crisp. (About 10 minutes)