Chow down on Happy Valley’s #1 soup. This hearty chowder boasts a ‘fresh off the cob’ taste by using only the best Supersweet freeze-dried kernels. Shucks, you’ll get so many compliments on this dish you won’t believe your ears.
Candlelight Corn Chowder
Our #1 best selling soup for over 10 years! Featured on the TODAY Show with Giada De Laurentis and Al Roker! This chowder boasts a ‘fresh off the cob’ taste by using only the best SuperSweet freeze dried corn. This 30 minute quick cook chowder is enhanced by the perfect seasoning blend. Simply add broth, potatoes and cream for a superb taste. Chicken or seafood can also be added to this hearty chowder.
Makes 2 Quarts: 6-8 servings Cook Time: 40 minutes
Contains: Freeze-dried corn, rice, dried vegetables, herbs & spices
Allergen Info: Gluten-free ingredients. This product is produced on equipment that also handles peanuts, soy, tree nuts, eggs, and wheat.
- 3 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup potatoes, peeled and diced (or 1 cup southern style frozen hash brown potatoes)
- 1 1/3 cups half & half (or milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- optional fresh-chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Add soup mix and potatoes to chicken broth. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat & simmer until potatoes and rice are tender (20 minutes) Stir in half & half and salt.
- Remove from heat and let rest 20 minutes. DO NOT BOIL.
Candlelight Corn Chowder pairs well with fresh baked crusty bread and a garnish of fresh-chopped parsley. A great choice for potluck dinners!
Fill pot with:
- Corn Chowder soup mix
- 32 oz. Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup Frozen Orida Hash Brown Potatoes or 1 Large diced potato
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Water
- Use fat free half and half, reduced fat milk (2%), soy, or rice milk
- Use vegetable broth, rather than chicken broth
- Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth
- Add extra potatoes
- Add one pound cubed ham
- Cooks in 40 minutes. No crock pot necessary!
Close Lid and Set Vent to "Pressure Cook. Set Program to "Soup/Broth - Less setting. Note: ( Manual settings is 230 Deg. 20 Minute pressure cook.)
Stir in 11/2 Cups Whole Milk before serving. (For a richer flavor use Half & Half cream)
Crock Pot Instructions
|Dimensions||3.75 × 2 × 5.5 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.